Tuesday 5 April 2016

Mayor Nenshi Announces He Will Run For Mayor of Montreal

Mayor Naheed Nenshi in this file photo
CALGARY, AB - After almost a year of speculation, Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi has announced early on that he indeed will be seeking re-election in 2017, as Mayor of Montreal.

"Part of my platform will be on building bridges with the West. Underground bridges. For the purpose of transporting goods. Like Crude, for example," an elated Nenshi said.

Nenshi has gained a popular following across the country, having won World Mayor Prize for his efforts to combat racism, poverty and most famously, making sure City Hall doesn't spend too much money on paper clips. "I'm also a fan of the amount of money Montreal gets from their governments. It makes running a city so much easier when I don't have to beg hat in hand for every project we do."

Of course, he has some fairly close competition. Denis Coderre has been a relatively popular Mayor in Montreal, especially for his opposition to the Energy East pipeline which Nenshi firmly supports. He likely has no intents of backing down. But Nenshi has some choice words for Coderre "The Purple Wave is coming to Montreal," He says with a smile. "And unlike sewage, he can't just dump it in the river and hope it goes away."

"I love my city. I love my province. And I love everything about Canada. And that's why I'll be running in Montreal in 2017. It's what's best for both cities."

0 comments:

Post a Comment