Saturday 21 May 2016

Montreal Canadiens Sign Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau celebrates after his signing.
MONTREAL QC - Justin Trudeau has signed a historic deal with the Montreal Canadiens for the 2016-17 season, GM Marc Bergevin confirmed at a media scrum Friday.

"We need an enforcer who's fit, and can score goals, and while he sometimes misses the mark, he still delivers strong," Bergevin stated. "And he plays some old-school style of hockey. We haven't seen elbows like that since the days of Gordie Howe."

Trudeau for his part, is taking it easy. He's been seen practicing along the Rideau Canal outside parliament, working on his footwork and improving his stickhandling. He even challenged several members of the NDP caucus to a game. NDP Team Captain Mulcair has declined the challenge, stating that "He's just too physical for a game of pick-up hockey. We're still not recovered from the last time we played. Brosseau is still day-to-day."

This is new territory for the former boxer, who often cites aggressive players as an influence. Recently, he's turned to fellow former boxer and hockey player Rocky Thompson for advice. Rocky has made it clear that Trudeau is going to be put on the ice to fight. Trudeau on the other hand, has been very clear: "Yes, I'm signed as a fighter. But this isn't the 90's anymore. This is a new NHL, and I'm going to have to earn my keep here. My stickhandling is improving, as I'm working on my wrist-shot. It doesn't matter how many times I hit someone on the ice if I can't put the puck in the net."

0 comments:

Post a Comment